CODE OF ETHICS
The mission of Dixon Social Interactive Services is rooted in a set of core values. These core values, embraced by DIXON staff throughout the company’s history, are the foundation of the company’s unique purpose and perspective:
Service, Social justice, Dignity and worth of the person, Importance of human relationships, Integrity and Competence
This constellation of core values reflects what is unique to Dixon Social Interactive Services. Core values, and the principles that flow from them, must be balanced within the context and complexity of the human experience. To accomplish this, Dixon follows a standard Code of Ethics.
The Code of Ethics is relevant to all DIXON staff and services, regardless of professional functions, the settings of services, or the populations DIXON staff serve.
The Code of Ethics serves six purposes:
- The Code identifies core values on which company’s mission is based.
- The Code summarizes broad ethical principles that reflect the company’s core values and establishes a set of specific ethical standards that should be used to guide services.
- The Code is designed to help DIXON staff identify relevant considerations when professional obligations conflict or ethical uncertainties arise.
- The Code provides ethical standards to which the general public can hold Dixon Social Interactive Services accountable.
- The Code socializes practitioners new to the field to company’s mission, values, ethical principles, and ethical standards.
- The Code articulates standards that Dixon Social Interactive Services itself can use to assess whether DIXON staff has engaged in unethical conduct.
- The Code offers a set of values, principles, and standards to guide decision making and conduct when ethical issues arise. It does not provide a set of rules that prescribe how DIXON staff should act in all situations. Specific applications of the Code must take into account the context in which it is being considered and the possibility of conflicts among the Code's values, principles, and standards. Ethical responsibilities flow from all human relationships, from the personal and familial to the social and professional.
Ethical decision making is a process. There are many instances in services where simple answers are not available to resolve complex ethical issues. DIXON staff take into consideration all the values, principles, and standards in this Code that are relevant to any situation in which ethical judgment is warranted. DIXON staff' decisions and actions are consistent with the spirit as well as the letter of this Code.
The Code of Ethics is used by DIXON staff. Violation of standards in this Code does not automatically imply legal liability or violation of the law. Such determination can only be made in the context of legal and judicial proceedings. Alleged violations of the Code would be subject to a peer review process and supervision. Such processes are generally separate from legal or administrative procedures and insulated from legal review or proceedings to allow the profession to counsel and discipline its own members.
The following broad ethical principles are based on DIXON’s core values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence. These principles set forth ideals to which all DIXON staff aspire.
DIXON staff understand that relationships between and among people are an important vehicle for change. DIXON staff engages people as partners in the helping process. DIXON staff seeks to strengthen relationships among people in a purposeful effort to promote, restore, maintain, and enhance the well-being of individuals, families, social groups, organizations, and communities.
The following ethical standards are relevant to the professional activities of all DIXON staff. These standards concern (1) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities to clients, (2) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities to colleagues, (3) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities in practice settings, (4) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities as professionals, (5) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities to Dixon Social Interactive Services, and (6) DIXON staff' ethical responsibilities to the broader society.
Following the Code of Ethics brings foremost the mission of Dixon Social Interactive Services Inc. (DIXON): to enhance human well-being and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty. A historic and defining feature of Dixon Social Interactive Services Inc. is the company's focus on individual well-being in a social context and the well-being of society.
Monday - Friday / 9am to 5pm